Simple fire awareness training is the order of the day. The course is designed to enable staff to manage a fire or other similar emergency efficiently and effectively and to meet the legal requirements to train staff.
This 4 hour course has been designed to ensure employers and employees alike respond positively to an emergency, which may be created by a fire or gas. Both fire safety and general health and safety duties require employers to prepare and plan for such eventualities.
What delegates will learn / syllabus
- General Fire Precautions to be observed in all workplaces
- Truth about fires
- Causes of fire and ignition sources
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Fire prevention measures
- Fire extinguisher use and maintenance
- Emergency / evacuation procedures
- Proper use of Fire Fighting equipment
- Knowledge of the organizations fire procedures
- Action to be taken on hearing a fire alarm
- Location of Assembly points
- Special arrangements for staff with disabilities and visitors
- Practical training in the use of First Aid Fire Fighting equipment including Fire Extinguishers maintained for the organisation (Subject to a suitable location for safe demonstration and on agreement with client)
Who is the course for?
This course is for everyone within the workplace. If you are an employer, business owner or in control of premises, the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 states that you ‘must ensure that your employees are provided with adequate safety training’.
This means that it is law to train every member of staff, including any casual staff and ensure that any external companies are also trained in Fire Awareness.
Where can I attend the course?
We run this bespoke ‘in-house’ course anywhere in the UK to suit your specific training needs by arrangement.
The Price for this Course is Available on request. We Guarantee Competitive Prices for this Course. You can book upto a maximum of 12 delegates on this course.