The Course aim is to enable staff to manage a fire or other similar emergency efficiently and effectively to meet the legal requirements to train staff. This course has been designed with the core aim of creating a confident person to take charge in an emergency.
This is a 3 ½ – 4 hour course, designed to enable employers to have competent people available to respond positively to an emergency, which may be created by a fire, gas, explosion or other emergency. Both fire safety and general health & safety duties require employers to prepare and plan for such eventualities.
What delegates will learn / syllabus
- General Fire Precautions to be observed in all workplaces
- The role of the Fire Marshal
- Truth about fires
- Causes of fire and ignition sources
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997 as amended by the Fire Precaution Regulations 1999
- Fire Control in Practice
- Fire prevention measures
- Fire extinguisher selection
- Fire extinguisher use and maintenance
- Emergency/evacuation procedures
- Knowledge of the organizations fire procedures
- Action to be taken on hearing a fire alarm
- Location of Assembly points
- A Fire Plan and the type of information required by the Fire Brigade on arrival
- Special arrangements for staff with disabilities and visitors
- A brief understanding of passive and active Fire Protection equipment found in office premises, to include: Automatic Fire Detection Systems (Smoke detectors), Manual Fire Alarm Systems (Break Glass points) Fire and Smoke stop door Theoretical and practical training in the use of First Aid Fire Fighting equipment including Fire Extinguishers maintained for the organization (Subject to a suitable location for safe demonstration)
Who is the course for?
This course is for supervisors and managers who have been appointed to look after the fire arrangements within their workplace.
Where can I attend the course?
By arrangement we can provide you with bespoke in-house courses to suit your specific training needs anywhere in the UK. We provide in house training for group sizes upto a maximum of 12 people.
The Price for this Course is Available on request. We Guarantee Competitive Prices for this Course. You can book upto a maximum of 12 delegates on this course.
The course syllabus is as required under the Fire Precautions and workplace Regulations 1997.Course includes Certification on Completion – Course available up to a maximum of 12 delegates.CALL TODAY ON 0800 774 7034 TO BOOK THIS COURSE